A maxi skirt can be perfect for a morning errand in the weekend with an arm full or bangles and (comfortable) yet appropriate sandals and can even be appropriate for a night out by just switching your shoes.
STYLING A MAXI SKIRT
A few tips to remember when your out looking for a maxi skirt
1. You need to remember how tall you really are, so that it wont be come a safety hazard instead of being a fashion statement. If your a bit shorter then remember that the maxi skirt should just reach the top of your ankles and any longer will only make you look shorter than you really are.
2. Try and wear a belt with your outfit when you wear a maxi skirt so that if will frame your figure and give the appearance of height and longer legs.
4. Maxi skirts should be flowing and airy, so look out for silk chiffon, rayon crepe or cotton so that they will be comfortable, specially in the summer when it gets really hot.
5. A side slit or two will make walking much easier in a maxi skirt if it is body hugging.
A Few Outfit Ideas
1. Wear a maxi skirt a bit higher on your waist with a crop top, that way if your not comfortable showing your mid-drift, it will be covered.A pair of mid heeled wedges would look perfect with this outfit.
2. A printed maxi skirt with a plain tee and layer it with a cardigan will be perfect when the weather transitions from winter to spring. Wear a pair of strappy sandals to complete the look.
3. For a fall or winter look wear a blazer or a jacket with a plain maxi skirt and tee with a pair of flats.
4. For an effortless look wear cotton tee and tie it at the waist and wear a loose maxi skirt. You can wear a simple strappy sandal with this look.
5. For a more sport look wear a plain maxi skirt with a graphic tee tied at the wait with a varsity jacket. To finish the look you can wear a pair of Doc Martins.
These are my styling tips and guides for when picking and wearing a maxi skirt, hope it will help. What are your thoughts on maxi skirts? will you be wearing one this season? Let me know what you think in the comment box below.