This month I have the Kryolan Translucent Powder, MAC Pro Longwear Blush, MAC Paint Pot, MAC Pro Longwear Concealer and Maybelline Hyper Curl Mascara.
L to R - Kryolan Translucent Powder, MAC Layin' Low Paint Pot, Maybelline Hyper Curl Mascara, MAC NW35 Pro Longwear Concealer, MAC Stubborn Pro Longwear Blush
1. Kryolan Translucent Powder in TL5 - The powder has a brown tone to it and I have been using it to set my concealer as well as my foundation. The powder is light and can even be used without a base jut to give a slight glow to your complexion.The colour suits my skin tone really well and gives the makeup a matte finish. I prefer the matte finish because my skin gets quite oily. The makeup was matte looking for about 5 hours I would say. When I used it to set my concealer the concealer didn't budge till the end of the day and stayed putt. It didn't get flaky or patchy. I have a few different powder by Kryolan and I will be doing a full review soon as they are actually worth every penny.
2. MAC Pro Longwear Blush in Stubborn - I finally have a dark shade of a pink and a plum colour I would say when it comes to stubborn. Its perfect for the day and night and suits my darker complexion much better. It gives a lovely kissed look to my cheeks and kind of brightens the whole makeup look. I love this blush and love wearing just the blush and a bold lipstick during the day and it gives awaken look.
3. MAC Paint Pot in Layin' Low - I have oily lids so I need to wear a primer every time if not my eye shadow always creases. I bought the MAC Paint Pot in Layin' Low as its a skin tone base and can be used to conceal dark circles or discolouration on the eye lids. I wore the paint pot as a base when I went for the Backstreet Boys concert. Its easy to blend and its easy to apply the eye shadow on top of it as well. The concert was hot and humid and I was out for over 6 hours and by the time I got home it very late and to my surprise the eye makeup hadn't creased or budged at all. It was amazing and ever since then I have been wearing it every time. So if you have oily lids I say you need this in your life for sure.
4. MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW35 - This is my first concealer from MAC but after I read a few good reviews I had to get myself one as well. The shade is a bit light but perfect because it not only concealers dark circles but also brightens up the area. The concealer gives a full coverage and little goes a long way. The concealer is easy to blend but you need to be quick because I noticed that it tends to get set quite fast. I like to use a makeup sponge to blend the concealer as it gives a flawless finish that way. Once you set the concealer with a powder, it will not budge even at the end of the day and strangely the under eye area didn't get oily as well which is always a plus.
5. Maybelline Hyper Curl Mascara - This mascara was something that I came across by accident when I saw a friend using it. The wand is the bent type which normally you get with volumizing mascaras. This mascara made my lashes look amazing. They looked fuller and longer and the best part the lashes didn't get clumped up. I got a lot of compliments about my lashes when I wore this mascara which means my otherwise short lashes were visible. I love using this on a night out as it completes the look and makes my eye stand out even more. I definitely recommend this.
So there goes my monthly favourites for April. I have really been enjoying everyone of them and I'm sure you will see these coming up in a few more monthly favourites. Have you used any of these products that ended up in my monthly favourites? What are your monthly favourites for April? Let me know what you think in the comment box below.